“Employment is nature’s physician, and is essential to human happiness.” – Galen
ACHIEVE Career Consultants provide multiple avenues for people to prepare for and become successful members of the workforce community. These avenues include: community and vocational assessments, paid and unpaid internship programs; occupational training programs in specialized fields; school to work programs, job placement, supported employment, and on-site simulated job training experiences. Daily Job Readiness programs are available to help enhance social skills and prepare for the supported work that affords people with intellectual and developmental disabilities the opportunity to prepare for competitive employment.
Director of Vocational Services (Allegany & Steuben)
50 Farnum Street, Wellsville, NY 14895
- Community Prevocational Services (A&S)
- RISE – Reaching Individual Success in Education (A&S)
- Employment & Training Program (A&S)
- Supported Employment (A&S)
- Pathways to Employment (S)
- Assisted Competitive Employment (A)
- Ongoing Integrated Supported Employment (A)
- Transformed Business Model Supports (A)
- Student Internship (A&S)
- Ticket to Work (A&S)
- Project SEARCH (S)
ACCES-VR Services – ACCES-VR assists individuals with disabilities to achieve and maintain employment and to support independent living through training, education, rehabilitation, and career development. For more information, please visit www.acces.nysed.gov/vr
Not Just A Job, A Career
A career is a key part of a fulfilling life, so we make sure people with developmental disabilities have access to one in various ways, including:
- A complete vocational assessment, to discover a person’s skills and interests and how to match the two.
- A job-matching service, where employers will be matched with Arc Allegany–Steuben workers for employment in the community.
- We provide various levels of job coaching support to assist a person to maintain employment.
The Arc Allegany–Steuben Employment Service
Steuben Employment Service works closely with ACCES-VR (Adult Career and Continuing Education Services-Vocational Rehabilitation) to match workers with developmental disabilities to appropriate employers in the community. Our employment specialists help people create a resume, conduct an interview and land a job. After that, we provide job coaching to teach on-the-job skills and give support with work-related issues. We have offices in Wellsville, Corning, Bath, and Hornell.
The Arc Allegany–Steuben’s Businesses
Providing employment opportunities to people with and without disabilities:
- Food Service